Injury and Claims Consultant
About the role:
- Full-time permanent position but can be negotiated as part time if required
- Conveniently located in Eastwood with undercover car parking
- Generous salary packing to increase your take home pay
Eldercare is seeking an Injury and Claims Consultant to take over an effective and well-managed portfolio in a self-insured organisation. The Injury & Claims Consultant manages workers compensation claims and monitors the recovery and return to work processes ensuring compliance with the Return to Work Act 2014, the Return to Work SA Injury Management Performance Standards and the Code of Practice for Self Insurers.
With the support of an Administrative Officer, the position undertakes case management of all claims from receipt through to successful return to work/ closure of claim and has full ownership of the portfolio. Ongoing relationships with legal and other professionals ensure that specialist support is available as required, and the role reports directly to the General Manager People for determination of claims.
A positive and supportive workplace culture, opportunities for development, openness to continuous improvement and the availability of flexible working are amongst the benefits of working within the Human Resources Management Unit at Eldercare.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proven extensive experience in Workers Compensation claims management, preferably in a Self Insured environment
- Competent in use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Competent in the use of the STARS software package
- Well developed communication skills with the ability to relate effectively to a wide range of people
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to work effectively in a team situation
- Good listening skills
- Organised and able to plan work and establish priorities
If you want to join our inspiring team, we can offer you:
- Attractive staff benefits such as salary sacrificing
- Great team environment with variety in the role
- Ongoing professional development in a caring environment
- Modern facility with onsite parking
To view the Job and Person Specification for this role please click here.
Please contact Melia Stone on 0449 927 946 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this opportunity.
Applications close 9 am 19 January 2022.
To work for Eldercare, you are required to have a police clearance valid for working in aged care (vulnerable) and clearance needs to be less than 12 months since date of issue.
Under the Emergency Management (Residential Aged Care Facilities) (COVID-19) Direction, to work in a residential aged care facility:
- from 1 June 2021, you must provide evidence of your seasonal influenza vaccination or a valid medical exemption
- from 6 December 2021, you must have two doses of a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine, or a medical exemption endorsed by the Chief Public Officer or her delegate.
Eldercare welcomes and respects the diversity that our residents, staff and volunteers bring. Regardless of their culture, religion, spirituality, age, gender, sexuality, disability, socio-economic background or personal experiences, our people are included and respected.
Eldercare is proud to be a Rainbow Tick accredited organisation. We are committed to supporting our lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) residents, staff and volunteers to ensure they feel included and safe.
Eldercare encourages respectful relationships and does not accept any form of gender based violence in the workplace. Eldercare is committed to preventing violence against women and is proud to be a White Ribbon accredited workplace to support victims of abuse.
All employees can expect to receive fair and equal treatment and to be free from discrimination in all aspects of their life with Eldercare.
Eldercare is proud to provide a smoke-free environment across all sites.
Workers Compensation Claims Officer
- Long term career opportunity
- Key workers compensation role
- Parkside location
We are Viterra, we connect Australian growers with domestic and international consumers through our world-leading, fully integrated agriculture network.
Viterra operates a storage and handling network of strategically located sites and port terminals spanning key growing regions in South Australia and western Victoria. We receive growers’ grain into our network, store it and move it to international and domestic markets.
Our unique culture empowers our employees to think innovatively and develop their careers in an exciting and supportive environment.
About the role
Viterra is seeking a permanent full time Workers Compensation Claims Officer to assist in managing Viterra’s workers compensation claims in line with self-insurance performance standards and any other applicable internal or external standards. Reporting to the national workers compensation manager, you will provide timely and accurate administration support.
- Enter new claim details and establish a workers compensation claim file.
- Maintain early intervention spreadsheet including allocated costs to applicable regions.
- Issue notices for income maintenance reviews, changes, reductions and discontinuances
- Maintain and process employee reimbursements
- Maintain electronic and psychical files of claims
- Strong administration skills and attention to detail.
- Previous experience managing workers compensation claims will be strongly preferred
- Ability to obtain rehab and return to work accreditation
- Sound knowledge of technology to support business and delivery of role
As well as providing an empowering culture, Viterra promotes a range of employee benefits including:
- Employee assistance programme – access to confidential and free support
- Corporate health insurance funds, financial services and gym membership discounts
How to apply
To apply or to see a detailed position description, please visit the careers page of our website viterra.com.au, or for further information please contact HR Manager Rachael Walker on 8304 5172.
Applications close Sunday 30 January 2022.
Please note we are not accepting recruitment agency applications at this time.
The information provided on this site is the entire information provided to us. SISA holds no additional information and enquiries should be made direct to the advertising party.
SISA has not interviewed or endorsed any individual whose details appear here. Organisations considering employing people listed on this site should not consider this information as any form of recommendation or supporting statement.
SISA has published job vacancy information as supplied by the relevant organisations. SISA is not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of that information, and people considering applying for positions advertised on this site should ensure that they seek additional information direct from the advertising organisation.