Multiple Solutions can provide workplace support to employees, the self employed and employers when the continuation of employment (that is 8 hours or more per week) is at risk due to the impact of a non-compensable disability, injury, illness or medical condition.
This is a free service funded by the Australian Government. It is aimed at helping employees with a disability and employers to work through their concerns and find solutions to ensure ongoing employment. Support can include:
- the provision of workplace modifications and equipment for eligible workers:
– modifications to the workplace (eg rails, ramps and doorways)
– equipment such as adjustable desks, cooling devices and adaptive tools
– the replacement of equipment that has been updated/ improved or no longer meets the changing needs of the worker.
- negotiating employment conditions to meet the needs of employee and employer.
- funding a person to provide on the job support, or
- personal care to assist with meals and bathroom needs.
- access to the supported wage system – this allows a productivity based wage to be paid to a worker who is not able to work at full capacity due to disability.
Multiple Solutions is able to provide ongoing support for as long as it is needed.
Contact Workplace Solutions
North: (08) 8203 6600
South: (08) 8198 1400
To find out more, see the documents below and visit the Multiple Solutions website.
Outlines employment assistance funding and services
Some case studies on what the service can achieve
Information on Australian Government funded wage support available through Multiple Solutions
Outlines the Workplace Solutions service