The aishealthassist functional restoration program provides injured workers with strategies to better manage their pain as well as tools to build their functional capacity, which enables realistic goal setting for future employment.
- Physiotherapist and Psychologist run 1:1 sessions tailored to meet the needs of participants.
- Group information sessions held 3 times/week cover demystifying injury, goal setting, health benefits of work, pain management, exercise and ergonomics.
- Group sessions conducted by Physiotherapists, Psychologists, Doctors, Employment Consultants and Injured Workers.
- Practical advice about how to safely exercise at home, in a gym or in a pool.
- Supervised Hydrotherapy sessions
- Development of a graduated functional restoration program based on program assessments.
- A case review with the participant and their injury management team in week 5 of the program to discuss the lessons learned and plan for the future.
- A Functional Assessment is undertaken upon completion of the program to provide the participant with clear safe working capacity to assist them identifying suitable employment goals and undertake relevant job searches.
Click here to contact AIS to learn more.