The Personal Injury Education Foundation was established as a not-for-profit, membership based organisation in 2006 by a consortium of Australian and New Zealand accident compensation organisations to improve the capability, effectiveness and professionalism of the personal injury industry.
Since establishment the Foundation has:
• In conjunction with Deakin University, developed and implemented a world-first personal injury postgraduate training program that has consistently achieved high ratings from students from across Australia and New Zealand
• Developed a highly successful Personal Injury Management Conference, the first time in Australia that a conference has been designed and developed for the industry by the industry
• Developed and implemented the Excellence in Personal Injury Management Awards, designed to recognise and reward exceptional performance in our industry across Australia and New Zealand
• Secured the exclusive Australian licence to the International Disability Management Standards Council (IDMSC) certification standards and training materials
• Established relationships with several leading international accident compensation research centres.
The Foundation currently has 16 members from across Australia and New Zealand, however the Board of the Foundation recognise that to be truly reflective and representative of the entire Australian and New Zealand personal injury industry, the Foundation needs to broaden its membership base and as a result new membership types have been announced (to take effect from 1 January 2009).
The new membership rates are as follows:
Type A - Australian and New Zealand accident compensation regulators with population > 1 million $30,000 + GST
Type B - Accident compensation insurers / claims management organisations / other government organisations $30,000 + GST
Type C Australian and New Zealand accident compensation regulators with population < 1 million $10,000 + GST
Type D Industry associations $10,000 + GST
Type E Specialised or self-insurers $10,000 + GST
Type F Private organisations with greater than 20 employees $10,000 + GST
Type G Private organisations with less than 20 employees $5,000 + GST
Type H International organisations $5,000 + GST
Being a member of the Foundation gives member organisations special access to the activities being undertaken by the Foundation at any time.
It allows organisations to put forward students to undertake the postgraduate programs, namely the Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, Master of Management (Personal Injury) and Master of Business (Personal Injury). Further to this, as a member, you have a voice to directly influence the structure and content of the program - the program is industry-focused, and as such the Foundation looks to its members for input regarding relevance, currency and usefulness of content. For further details of the postgraduate program see Attachment 1.
Membership allows access to discounted prices to attend industry based conferences, awards, seminars and events developed by the Foundation. This was a benefit enjoyed by many at the recent Personal Injury Management Conference and Excellence in Personal Injury Management Awards in Sydney. Our inaugural conference was an overwhelming success with 325 delegates from across Australia and New Zealand attending. The feedback we received was also extremely positive and some of the results include:
• 96% were satisfied or very satisfied with the speakers and presenters
• 96% thought the conference was relevant or somewhat relevant to their organisation’s needs
• 95% thought the conference was well organised
• 79% would attend a similar conference in Melbourne in 2010
• 79% would recommend the conference to others.
The agenda for the conference can be found in Attachment 2 and the awards booklet can be found in Attachment 3.
Throughout 2009, the Foundation will be working with the International Disability Management Standards Council (IDMSC) to support the Certified Disability Management Professional (CDMPTM) and the Certified return to Work Co-ordinator (CRTWCTM) professional certification. 2009 and 2010 will see customisation of the certification exam and associated training modules to better suit the Australian professional audience. Members will have direct and timely access to these products. Further information about the IDMSC professional certification standards can be found in Attachments 4 and 5.
Finally, membership will allow an organisation the opportunity to work with and learn from other accident compensation regulators, insurers, claims management organisations, service providers and self - insurers throughout Australasia.
If you would like further information about the Foundation, its programs, events and other initiatives or would like to discuss our new membership rates, please contact Nathan Clarke, Manager of the PIEF on (03) 9641 1320 or via email at email@example.com. Please note that further information about the Foundation can be found at www.pief.com.au or you can view the Foundation's latest newsletter (see Attachment 6). Please also note the membership application form and the Foundation's constitution (Attachments 7 & 8).