RTWSA has released a consultation paper on the indexation of medical fees for 2020.
The proposed changes can be summarised as follows:
- General Practitioner attendance fees (Schedule 1A) - average 2.5% increase
- All other medical fees - average 0.9% increase
- Allied health fees - average 1.6% increase (except audiology, which will not increase)
- Private hospital - 1.7% increase
- Public hospital fees - 4.1% increase
- Physiotherapy item PT210 – Subsequent consultation - 13.6% increase
- Selected radiology fees - 141 fees will be reduced by 15%
Members are welcome to provide feedback to SISA or directly to RTWSA. The indexation is due to take effect on 1 July 2020, and the consultation paper sets close of business Friday 13 March 2020 as the closure date for feedback.
The RTWSA contact is Jodie Yorke, Program Lead, Provider Regulation and Support (08) 8233 2204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.