Wednesday 12 October 2016 to Friday 14 October 2016
Seminar / Conference
Register soon for the Australian Insurance Lawyers Association (AILA) National Conference to be held 12-14 October 2016 at the Adelaide Oval.
As the name of the conference suggests the 2016 conference is all about the ‘Game Changers’ in the law and the insurance industry.
From the Hugh Rowell Memorial key note address to engaging and comprehensive panel discussions, the conference draws together eminent speakers and game changers in their own right, to provide their insights into topics and issues which are changing the game for all the players. The calibre of the speakers secured for the conference is exceptional and we are delighted this year to also offer dedicated insurance industry briefing sessions for conference delegates on Friday 14 October with a registration rate of $350 for that day.
And what better venue to explore these themes than the ‘game changing’ Adelaide Oval? Starting with a cocktail function overlooking the majestic oval itself and all conference plenary sessions held in the modern and inviting conference facilities at the Adelaide Oval. The conference dinner at the National Wine Centre will showcase the wine and produce that South Australia is famous for.
For information on the conference, view registration fees, download the registration brochure and to register online, please visit the AILA National Conference website - http://conference.aila.com.au/
A dedicated program for the insurance industry will be held on Friday 14 October, kindly sponsored by Hall & Wilcox Lawyers, at which you will be able to choose from six sessions. These include:
- The Post Contractual Duty of Utmost Good Faith - A Game Changer or just a device to ensure due process? - Greg Pynt, Barrister and Accredited Mediator NMAS, Francis Burt Chambers, Perth WA
- The Race to the Future: But with One Eye on the Past? - Mark Doepel, Adjunct Associate Professor of Law, Sparke Helmore Lawyers, Sydney NSW
- The Disclosure Game Changer - Mark Radford, Principal Radford Lawyers, Sydney NSW & Emma Curtis, Senior manager in ASIC's Deposit Takers, Credit and Insurers (DCI) team in Sydney
- Innovation in Insurance - Eric Lowenstein, CEO Tego Insurance Pty Ltd, Surrey Hills NSW
- Fraud, Digital Surveillance & Computer Forensics - Jean-Pierre du Plessis, Partner, Ferrier Hodgson SA
- Cyber Risk Insurance and the Data Breach Notification “Game Changer” - Andrew Miers, Partner, HWL Ebsworth , Sydney NSW
A program outline for the conference can be found here.
For information on the latest list of confirmed speakers please click here.
With an expected 250 delegates attending National Conference, participating as a sponsor or exhibitor provides you with the opportunity to take you straight to your national target markets and demonstrate your level of support and commitment to the industry. Packages are still available but act soon as they are selling fast. For further information and a list of confirmed sponsors, please visit: http://conference.aila.com.au/sponsors.php