Wednesday 9 November 2022
From 1 January 2023, you must use GHS 7 to classify chemicals and prepare chemical labels and safety data sheets in Australia, unless otherwise advised by your work health and safety regulator. Note that Western Australia’s start date for GHS 7 is 31 March 2023.
The GHS is a global system of classifying chemicals by hazard and communicating those hazards.
If you manufacture, import, supply or use hazardous chemicals, the guidance material and resources below will help you to ensure you’re ready for GHS 7.
- GHS 7th Revised Edition
- Transition to GHS 7
- Information sheet: Changes to workplace chemical laws in Australia for transition to GHS 7
- Information sheet: Manufacturers and importers of workplace hazardous chemicals - transition to GHS 7
- Information sheet: Suppliers and users of workplace hazardous chemicals - transition to GHS 7
- Changes to chemical classifications and labelling under GHS 7
- Transition to GHS 7 webinar
- Model Work Health and Safety Regulations (Hazardous Chemicals) Amendment 2020
- Model WHS Amendment explanatory statement