Safe Work Australia announced on 26 September 2011 the start of the public comment period for 15 draft model Codes of Practice which support the new model work health and safety legislation.
The draft model Codes of Practice released for public comment are:
- First Aid in the Workplace
- Managing Risks in Construction Work
- Preventing Falls in Housing Construction
- Managing Electrical Risks at the Workplace
- Managing Risks of Hazardous Chemicals
- Managing Risks of Plant in the Workplace
- Safe Design of Building and Structures
- Excavation Work
- Demolition Work
- Spray Painting and Powder Coating
- Abrasive Blasting
- Welding and Allied Processes
- Safe Access in Tree Trimming and Arboriculture
- Preventing and Managing Fatigue in the Workplace
- Preventing and Responding to Workplace Bullying
The public comment period for the draft model Codes of Practice begins on Monday 26 September 2011 and closes on Friday 16 December 2011. The public comment period for model work health and safety legislation on mining has been extended and closes on Friday 7 October 2011.
To access the Draft Codes released for comment today, please click here.
SISA once more calls on interested members to review the drafts and provide comment. Members wishing to address specific Codes are asked to advise the SISA office.