The Self Insurers of South Australia (SISA) is an incorporated association that represents most of South Australia's largest private and public sector employers that are self-insured under the South Australian Return to Work Act 2014. Our membership represents about 38% of the State's employment by remuneration.
SISA was first incorporated on 3rd August 1984 as the Employer Managed Workers Compensation Association (EMWCA). Although it was known as SISA for many years beforehand, the name was officially changed from EMWCA to SISA in November 2005.
SISA is recognised as the sole representative organisation for self insured employers. It provides its member organisations with assistance and support in their interactions with the return to work scheme and promotes best practice in the prevention and management of workplace injuries.
SISA’s objectives are to promote, develop and support the interests of its members by communication and liaison with ReturnToWorkSA, SafeWork SA, Government, unions and other organisations in regard to self-insurance.
- To provide a single voice for self-insurers and associate members, and promote, foster, develop and support the interests of members.
- To contribute to sustainable and efficient return to work and work health & safety regimes on behalf of self-insurers.
- To provide resources, information and a support network to members.
- To promote work health & safety and return to work best practice.
- To provide education and training to members in regard to work health & safety and return to work.
- To advocate improvements to legislation, work health & safety and return to work practices.